Amy Zastrow brings a special warmth the minute she enters the room. This is most likely connected to her purpose: helping others to reach their highest potential in business and in life. She runs Kick Butt Today, working with coaches, consultants, authors, emerging speakers and service providers to give guidance and accountability. Her efforts result in increased income and more enjoyment on the path to success.
WIN is been pleased to know Amy as one of our gem members and a speaker at our events. Here is more about this dynamic entrepreneur in her own words:
- Why did you choose to join WIN?
I joined because I always:
- Connect with high-quality women
- Learn something that helps me
- Leave meetings energized
I also love it that there is no pressure to join (you can attend as many times as you want as a guest) to ensure it is a right fit for you and your business. That enables potential members to come when their schedule allows or check out meetings before joining – AND this helps WIN members to connect with more amazing women.
- Describe your business and what you love most about what you do.
I believe my greater purpose in life is to empower people to do great things. I’ve found that there are three major blocks that prevent people from doing great things:
- Being unclear about what you want (vision, purpose, goals)
- Not having clear and simple strategies and plans that work for you
- Getting in your own way (confusion, doubt, fear, overwhelm, etc.)
What I love most is helping my amazing clients get clear and get out of their own way to do great things. Often that means clarifying what they want and enabling them to shine doing what they do best! For most of my WIN clients that has been redesigning their businesses to be easy, fun and profitable. For other WIN clients, it has been redesigning their presentations so they are well-defined, confident, and have a greater impact.
- Do you have new developments, projects or successes you would like to share with us?
I have started offering my “Productivity Power Hours” for those who want to get more done in less time; one day a month to get those tasks hanging over your head done – with virtual support and accountability! I am also writing a book based on my talk “What do you stand FOR in your business?” My goal is to bring this work to more organizations that are ready to embrace their bigger vision and greater purpose by shifting the focus from profits to purpose.
- Do you have any networking tips that have worked well for you?
I’m a shy extrovert so it takes me a little bit to feel comfortable in situations where I don’t know anyone or don’t know people very well. So I’d say three things:
- Get curious about others. When we focus on others it takes the pressure off us! There is a great book by Bob Berg called Endless Referrals. In it, he lists “10 feel-good questions” that help you focus on the other person when networking, ensure more interesting conversations and develop deeper connections.
- Get involved! Taking on an active role at meetings or events gives you a reason to connect with others and helps you transition into conversations.
- Be a connector, not a collector. Focus on creating real connections – really try to get to know the other person. And if you get business cards – use them to follow-up, one-on-one to create a deeper, real connection both offline and online.
- Do you have any “secrets to success” or tips that you’ve picked up along the way?
Thoughtfully design your business and your life with intention:
- Be clear about what you want in business and life (you should love both)
- Work with clients you LOVE and who love you back
- Do work you LOVE where you can do your BEST work (build your products and services around this)
- Create sustainable systems and processes
- Design your business to ensure sustainable profits
- What is something interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume?
I currently live in Stillwater with my husband, teenage son and pet rabbit! (my first rabbit lived 14.5 years), but during college I spent a semester abroad at Harlaxton Manor in England. It was a beautiful place where many movies have been shot. That experience deepened my love of adventure, travel and meaningful relationships.
- What has given you the greatest satisfaction over the past year?
In the last year, I have given my talk “What do you stand FOR in your business” many times. And I’m always moved when people come to talk to me after I speak or send me an email to tell me how my talk helped them clarify things and opened them up to do even more. Often, what they are already doing is inspiring. That’s why I’m writing the book! Nothing is better than knowing what you do enables others help more people do more good in the world (ripple effect)!
- What would you most like to tell the other women in WIN?
Women CAN and WILL lead positive change in our world. And YOU, yes YOU, are meant to give HELP and HOPE to others in your own special way. So please – get clear, think bigger, be bolder and get out of your own way to do more good in the world! We are stronger together – so if and when you need help or support, ask for it.